I use this lesson during my In der Stadt und Reisen chapter of German 2. It takes about 30-45 minutes depending on how much you have students discuss or if you use it as a teacher lead notes session.
The presentation includes:
- a list of 28 locations in the city (in der Stadt) with their gender for students to copy and discuss
- A slide with a case chart for definite articles in Nominative, Accusative and Dative
- A slide about word order (Wortstellung)
- 5 slides of questions about where you can do certain things within a city- 16 questions total. They focus on the Dative Case.
Example: Wo kann man Essen kaufen? (in - das Supermarkt)
- A final slide about making contractions with prepositions and definite articles