COLONIAL PRINTERS AND PUBLISHERS
This bundled product contains everything you need for your unit on Colonial Printers and Publishers. What was being printed in Colonial America? Who printed the first newspapers? Why were some printers arrested? This lesson answers those questions and also includes informational text on the printing press, apprenticeships, Ben Franklin – Printer, and more.
This bundle includes my three Colonial Printers and Publishers Products:
• Colonial Careers: Printers and Publishers ($6.00 value)
• Reading Comprehension Colonial Printers and Publishers Reading Passages and Questions ($6.00 value)
• Bingo – Colonial Printers and Publishers ($4.00 value)
Buy this bundle and get all three products for only $12.00
This product is perfect for SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS, enrichment learning, homeschool or co-ops! The reading passages are great for CLOSE READING with any non-fiction graphic organizer. THIS LESSON INCLUDES READING PASSAGES, COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS, TEACHER’S KEY, CLASSROOM ACTIVITIES, BINGO CARDS AND CLUES, AND NON-FICTION GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS.
There are fifteen pages of informational text covering the following topics:
• History of Printing in Colonial America
• What Was Being Printed?
• The First Newspapers
• Freedom of the Press
• Colonial Printer’s Supplies and Equipment
• The Jobs of Printers and Publishers
• Apprenticeships in Colonial America
• Female Apprentices and Pauper Apprentices
• The Apprenticeship Contracts
• Benjamin Franklin – An Apprentice in Boston
• Benjamin Franklin: Printer and Publisher
• Well-Known Female Printers and Publishers
• Other Well-Known Printers and Publishers
This Bundle also includes BINGO Cards and Clues:
The words in this BINGO set relate to the topic and make the perfect review for the pages of informational text that are included in this product. Great for use by Substitute Teachers!
This product includes:
36 Unique Bingo Cards (18 pages with two cards per sheet)
The Caller’s Tracking Sheet
24 Calling Cards Containing Words and Clues
This BUNDLE includes the following CLASSROOM ACTIVITIES:
Colonial Printer Job Application
Be a Colonial Compositor!
Make a Potato Print Instructions
Make Your Own Ink Recipes
Analyze the First Amendment!
Create Cartoons From Poor Richards’ Almanac!
Review Game: Bingo Words and Clues
Translate Silence Dogood’s Letter to the Editor
Create a Newspaper!
Fact or Opinion?
I have also included five Non-Fiction Graphic Organizers and a suggested reading list. Grades 5-8 and Homeschool
(Note: The informational text also appears in my Colonial Careers Lesson Plan)