This bundled product contains everything you need for your unit on the Indian Wars – Battle of Little Bighorn and Wounded Knee. In the early 1800s, the United States government began forcing many Native American Tribes from their ancestral homeland to land set aside west of the Mississippi River. This product covers the Indian Wars and the Government’s efforts on moving Native Americans in the western states to government-controlled reservations.
This bundle includes my three Indian Wars Products:
• Wild West Careers: Cavalry and the Indian Wars ($5.00 value)
• Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions ($4.00 value)
• Bingo – Little Bighorn, Wounded Knee and the Cavalry ($4.00 value)
Buy this bundle and get all three products for only $9.00.
This product is perfect for SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS, enrichment learning, homeschool or co-ops! The reading passages are great for CLOSE READING with any non-fiction graphic organizer. THIS LESSON INCLUDES READING PASSAGES, COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS, TEACHER’S KEY, CLASSROOM ACTIVITIES, BINGO CARDS AND CLUES, AND NON-FICTION GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS.
There are nine pages of informational text about the topic: Indian Wars (1864-1904). The passages cover the following topics:
• Background; Treaties and Policies
• The Cavalry: 7th, 9th, and 10th Cavalry
• Buffalo Soldiers
• George Custer and Sitting Bull
• The Battle of the Little Bighorn or Custer’s Last Stand
• Following the Battle of the Little Bighorn
• Chief Joseph
• The Wild West: Where the Buffalo Roam
• Reservations; Ghost Dance; Wounded Knee
This Bundle also includes BINGO Cards and Clues:
BINGO is a fun way to review new concepts and vocabulary words. The words in this BINGO set relate to the topic and makes the perfect review for the pages of informational text that are included in this product. Great for use by Substitute Teachers!
36 Unique Bingo Cards (18 pages with two cards per sheet)
The Caller’s Tracking Sheet
24 Calling Cards Containing Words and Clues
This BUNDLE includes the following CLASSROOM ACTIVITIES:
Job Application – U.S. Cavalry
Battle of the Little Bighorn – Search and Find Map Work
Read Chief Joseph’s Speech
True/False Review Game
Complete a Timeline!
Cook and Eat Some Tribal Food!
I have also included Non-Fiction Graphic Organizers and a suggested reading list.