The free aspire toolkit is designed to help teachers to encourage sixth form students to aim high, stretch themselves and achieve their potential. ***Simply visit www.aspire.upreach.org.uk to download free resources including presentations for use in an Assembly, Lesson or Daily Notices, a guide/suggested script, videos and a 36 page student guide.
Produced by upReach, the national social mobility charity, the toolkit contains everything you need to deliver an effective and engaging session about university and careers. It contains myth-busting advice about universities, exploring unconditional and contextual offers, student finance, graduate salaries and an impartial guide to 12 different careers. The completely free toolkit includes:
ASSEMBLY PACK - A 10 to 15 minute presentation suitable for use in Assemblies for Year 12 and 13. It can be lengthened using linked videos online.
DAILY NOTICES - A shorter, 5 minute version of the presentation, also suitable for Daily Notices
TEACHER GUIDE AND SCRIPT - An easy-to-use Teacher Guide, including a suggested script for those with less experience advising on university and careers
POSTER - An A2 poster signposting students to the aspire website where they can watch inspirational videos and download the guide.
VIDEOS - Four short videos featuring a diverse group of university student role models giving their top tips to current sixth formers.
36 PAGE aspire GUIDE - Designed for students, but great for teachers and parents too.
Inside the free aspire guide:
- Myth-busting advice about universities, school leaver programmes, and apprenticeships
- Inspirational stories and tips for success from students just like them
- Important role models: students who have come from less-advantaged backgrounds and broken into careers that can otherwise seem hard to reach.
- Three top tips for dealing with exam stress
- The tuition fee and student loans system explained
- With the average graduate salary just over £20,000, examples of how the university you go to can be more important than the subject studied - and while some graduates can earn £50,000 in their first year, others would earn more by not going to university at all.
From 24th June 2019, Heads of Sixth Form at all UK state schools will receive a free hard copy (worth £10!) of the aspire guide and poster through the post.
***All resources can be downloaded for free at www.aspire.upreach.org.uk ***