this is a lovely, fun, interactive game to play with pupils in the run up to christmas - it gets pupils thinking by giving them clues of christmas people.objects and asking them to work out what is being described
this is a lovely, fun, interactive game to play with students in the run up to christmas - it gets students thinking by giving them clues of christmas people, objects and asking them to work out what is being described.
Students will take turns using language, physical gestures, and minor props to depict a person they have chosen from Garry Winogrand’s Los Angeles. The class will guess who is being depicted and then create a story about what happens next.
this interactive halloween powerpoint contains a series of slides with clues about a halloween object/person and pupils have to guess what it is from these clues - then the answer is revealed so they can see if they were right. fun and interactive
Story sack based on the book - includes: work sheets, activities, key words for display, colouring sheets, puzzles, word work activities, bingo boards, snap, dominos, powerpoint activities etc ... please see part 1 also!
this is a lovely, fun and interactive PDF bookelt which contains lots of activities based on this popular children's story - included word search, word work, missing words activity, describe the characters activity and many more.
<p>A Full scheme of work covering writing objectives using various of Roald Dahl's works (including Matilda and The BFG). It is easy to differentiate for KS 2 (7-11 year olds) and KS3 (11-14 year olds)and contains many worksheets for activities including vocabulary and punctuation use as well as descriptive and creative writing techniques.</p>
Please note that if you specifically want <a href="https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/i-can-spell-words-ending-with-y-oy-ay-11280548">words that END with ay/oy these are available as a separate resource.</a> (Each resource uses different words)<br />
Spelling activity pack for words containing:<br />
- 2 powerpoint files (one for each of the above). Every spelling is on an individual slide for <strong>class spelling activities</strong> (24 words)<br />
- <strong>4 Monster Sentence sheets.</strong> These include each spelling outlined in <strong>print</strong> and in <strong>cursive</strong> for students to practise their handwriting. Each spelling can then be written as a sentence (which can be silly/crazy/happy etc.). Colour and black & white versions of each sheet are provided.<br />
- <strong>2 word searches</strong> to consolidate learning. One for each set of spellings (and a solution sheet).<br />
- <strong>2 crosswords</strong> on powerpoint for class/group challenges (or print them off for small group/paired work)<br />
- <strong>2 certificates</strong> (Spelling Star and Writing Star).<br />
- Plain text file with every word (use this to easily copy and paste words for your own purposes).<br />
Also includes lots of monsters :)<br />
Black & white versions of the sentence sheets are included for easy copying or laminate the colour versions and use with wipeable pens for students to practise their handwriting and sentence writing with the different spellings.<br />
The words are taken from the Children's Printed Word Database featuring the words most commonly found in children's books during the first years of school.<br />
<a href="https://www.tes.com/member/thinky">Follow me on TES</a> for future updates. I'm happy to receive feedback and suggestions and where possible will update resources accordingly :) <br />