Medium Term Planning suitable for KS1 or Early Years around the Christmas theme. Includes ideas for role play and all areas of the curriculum.
Given under curriculum area headings so that it can be adapted to own planning formats.
Child Friendly layered target sheets for children to paste into their writing books at the beginning of a unit of work on Recounts. Child and teacher work together at the end of the unit of work to highlight the areas they have achieved (pink for achieved/green for growth still needed). Includes Next Steps Box. Linked to APP Writing Criteria.
This resource is a highly visual, fully editable and interactive, 50 question power point quiz on Roald Dahl’s book 'Fantastic Mr Fox.'
It is an ideal resource for an assembly, a lesson or with a tutor group, particularly during book week or Roald Dahl’s 100th Year celebration in September or during book week.
The quiz contains 50 questions with multiple choice answers. It can be administered in a variety of ways - to individuals or teams. The answers can be found by clicking on the Roald Dahl image on each slide. Answers can be given either as you go through the quiz or at the end.
A question and answer sheet are provided to allow individuals / teams to record their answers.
1. How many ‘small foxes’ do Mr and Mrs Fox have?
2. Where do Mr Fox and his family live?
3. What are the names of the three farmers in ‘Fantastic Mr Fox?'
4. What kind of farmer was Bunce?
5. What did Boggis eat every day for breakfast, lunch and supper?
6. Why were the farmers angry with Mr Fox?
7. How does Mr Fox know when there is danger?
8. Which farmer came up with the plan to trap the Fox family.
9. What was the third plan Bean came up with to get Mr Fox?
10. When Badger asked Mr Fox if he was worried about all the ‘stealing’. What did Mr Fox say?
This resource is also suitable for older SEN students due to the visual nature of the resource and the multiple choice format of the questions and answers.
Most images are royalty free. All images requiring attribution are credited within the powerpoint quiz itself.
Based on the book Handa's Surprise, children can build their own sentences using the words provided, finish the sentences and write their own description of what objects they'd put in Handa's basket. Create for both shared and independent reading and writing.