A robust classroom-ready presentation covering AS Marketing Research from Unit 3 of the Cambridge International Examinations Business Syllabus. Connects seamlessly with the core approved textbooks and addresses all learning objectives.
This presentation highlights key concepts of the syllabus from the CIE AS Level Business Unit 3 including:
• purpose of market research in determining customer characteristics/consumer profiles, wants and needs
• distinction between primary (field) and secondary desk research, and the main features of each
• methods of primary research and their advantages and disadvantages including focus groups and surveys
• sources of secondary information including printed, paid for and web-based sources of information
• random, stratified and quota sampling; the appropriateness of each to given situations
• limitations of sampling
• the reliability of data collection
• analysis of results obtained from market research
• interpretation of information
• cost effectiveness of marketing research
The presentation can be delivered as a lecture and supplemented with a teacher’s own creative exercises and activities. An excellent key resource for new and experienced teachers alike.