What better way to learn library rules than to make your own class book about it? After reading Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen, use these reproducible pages to excite your students into writing about a rule they think the library should have or a rule for taking care of books.
Pages are blank and ready for your writing prompts.
* Should animals be allowed in a library?
* Write down a rule you think we should have in the library. Why should we make it a rule?
* Do you believe the lion broke the rule for a good reason?
* Why do we have rules?
* What would happen if we didn't have Book Care rules?
Bind the book together, put a barcode label on it and let them check it out from your library to take home and share!
This packet includes 8 sheets:
1. Book Cover with title "We Follow the Rules" in color and B&W. This has "Inspired by Library Lion" text.
2. Book Cover with title "We Take Care of Books" in color and B&W. This one has "Inspired by Library Lion" text.
3. Book Cover "We Take Care of Books" in color and B&W - Generic - Great to use if you did not use the book Library Lion to introduce book care to your students.
4. 6 sheets of writing paper. Some with coloring option for students. Each comes with regular lines and handwriting lines.