This packet is a perfect introduction for the Writer’s Workshop that established proper habits, encourages critical thinking, and prepares students for an important activity that will occur throughout classes in high school and college.
What You Receive:
• 8-Day Unit Plan with Common Core Anchor Standards
• Teacher and Student Instructions
• Three Activities of increasing difficulty for correct critiquing with Answer Key.
• Two Writing Samples for use in Mock Workshops (one is an analytical essay excerpt from Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, one is a characterization scene excerpt from a setting exercise).
• Quiz on the Workshop process with a corresponding Answer Key
• Seating Charts for Workshop, assessment, attendance, or your needs.
• Student workshop Self-Assessments (one for reviewers and one for writers)
• Critique/Peer Review sheets.
**PLUS, Newly added Rubrics for you to use with your class once they've written their first piece. Three rubrics included. One each for: analytical essay writing, short story, and a creative scene.
• In total, over 39 informative and organized pages for an 8-day unit!
The Workshop – Your Worst Enemy or Greatest Ally
In an ideal situation, a workshop helps every student learn: just from YOU, and from each other. But if not introduced or taught properly, the workshop is rife with problems ranging from students who are unprepared or do not know what to say, are reticent, or use it as a flattery or bullying session. When implemented and used properly from the start, the Workshop can be the best and most rewarding learning experience for your student.
Our Workshop Product, and the Formula
PerfettoWritingRoom© uses our years of expertise in writing to introduce directions, provide a dedicated formula for how to make a complete critique, provide carefully scaffolded activities and “mock workshops” in this 8-day resource to ensure a successful workshop experience for your classroom. The critique formula we insist upon ensures maximum usefulness for the person being critiqued, and ensures critical thinking on the part of the reviewer. It raises the likelihood of having a productive Workshop, AND it will yield less frustration around rewrite time.
Use the Entire 39-Page Packet from PerfettoWritingRoom to Introduce the Workshop, Review the Rules, Practice through the Activities provided, and even give a quiz. By the time the 8-day Unit is complete, you are ready to have your students follow the Workshop format with a major writing project in your classroom. The quality of the Workshop critiques, both oral and written will naturally improve as they go along.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.