Controlling Sounds Unit
Six Music Lessons
Reception and Key Stage 1
Six practical music lessons based around exploring sounds and music through play, and responding to simple musical directions.
Pupils learn how to;
• Create a variety of sounds using percussion instruments
• Identify a range of percussion instruments
• Respond to musical directions for stopping and starting
• Control sounds in order that they become gradually louder or gradually quieter
• Conduct a group using four directions; start, gradually louder, gradually quieter and stop
• Perform as a group and discuss the performances.
• Gradually getting louder
• Gradually getting quieter
• Percussion instrument
Minimal resources required; a range of percussion instruments; simply use what you have.
You do not need a musical background to deliver this unit.
The music activities in this pack cover EYFS requirements and Key Stage 1 content through Playing, Improvising and Listening, (National Curriculum for Music).
This unit includes;
• Six detailed, easy-to-follow lesson plans
• Tried and tested tips and advice
• Numerous exercises to practise
Check out my shop for more music lessons from Newtonlab!
These resources are solely for use in school. They may not be shared with third parties or used commercially
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.