These sheets work best when used every lesson. They helps highlight individual gaps in learning, for effective differentiation and encourage students to become autonomous learners and allows them ownership of engaging with content.
How to complete handout for students
Assessment sheet - Cycle of learning handout
- Start your lessons with 2 or 3 clear objectives on the board
- Students add these to their sheets and indicate their own confidence in the topic to be taught
- At the end of the lesson students state if they feel the object set was achieved and by which activity.
- Self set homework for objectives not achieved
- Every 6 weeks - (Pg4 of the Assessment Sheet - Cycle learning) 30 mins can be spent tracking confidence in areas and weaknesses that inidividually or as a class need addressing to enable best outcomes and progress.