Students will have fun documenting the metamorphosis of these insects through words and drawings!
Choose Your Layout!
Choose the page layout that works best for your students, or mix and match the layouts depending on the stage. Are your students thrilled to see a fully formed butterfly? Then the full page might just be perfect for that day—they’ll have plenty of room to draw and write!
Staple it Up!
Students can color in the black-and-white coloring page to use as their final book’s cover, or let them get extra creative and create a cover from scratch! Either way, they’ll end up with many pages of observations that they can compile into a book to remind them of their learning...and to share with others!
Pages are 8.5"x11" to allow for lots of space for text and colorful drawings. Here's what you'll get:
• Coloring Page Cover – Students can color in the page to use as the cover for a booklet all their daily entries! Two variations–with and without border.
• Half Drawing/Half Text Page – For when you need a full page for the day's entry!
• All Text – A full page of lines if students have lots to say!
• 3 to a Page – 3 days of short and sweet entries with text and drawings will fit on these!
• 2 to a Page: Option 1 – 2 of the same size entries and drawing spaces fill up this page!
• 2 to a Page: Option 2 – Mix it up with one shorter entry and one longer entry on this page!
The product comes as a a zipped folder—simply unzip the folder to access the files! Activity sheets are provided as PDFs.
Love this butterfly activity? Please leave a review—I'd love to know how you used it in your classroom!
– Glue & Ink
Product is for personal use only and is not to be redistributed. This means that you are free to use this product personal use—in the classroom (or at home!) but not for commercial use. The products and/or its parts may not be used in the creation of products to be sold or given away for free. Thank you for respecting Glue & Ink's work! Enjoy!
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.