Having moved from a school that teaches the Linear A-Level, to that of a school that teaches AS in Year 12 and A2 in Year 13, I have designed and updated my previous lessons substantially with the following objectives in mind:
1.To compartmentalize and differentiate between the 9 theorists needed in Year 12 and the whole 19 at A2 (Year 13).
2.Provide my students and you with a variety of options e.g. the option to purchase my resources as AS or A2 having uploaded all of my Linear lessons previously.
3.Sizeable tweaks have been added base don having taught the new EDUQAS spec now for the past two years at A Level.
4.Where as before my lessons were numbered numerically from the first unit through to the last, this series of resources is designed to as self contained units making it easier to swap out and reintroduce content to assess retained learning.]
LESSON 1-4, MEDIA LANGUAGE AND ‘KISS OF THE VAMPIRE’. This QUAD lesson resource covers/includes:
-Contextual history of Hammer Horror and Universal Pictures International
- Nosferatu (1922) and Béla Lugosi 's Dracula (1931) and both movies impact upon the sub-genre
- The Hays Code
- The Vampire sub-genre reflecting the time sin which they were made via convention
- Direct and indirect intertextuality (audio/visual vieiwng and application)
- Genre, sub-genres and hybridity
- Iconography and RESISTS
- The codes and conventions of Hammer Horror
- Chiaroscuro lighting, pathetic fallacy and low-saturation
- MEDIA LANGUAGE THEORIST: STEVE NEALE
-Poster codes and conventions
-Eastman Colour and it’s impact on movie promotion
- MEDIA LANGUAGE THEORIST: ROWLAND BARTHES
-RICHARD DYER’S ‘USE OF THE STAR’
**TASK SHEET AND PRINTABLE POWER POINT TASK SLIDES INCLUDED.
**H/W= This Power Point includes a three-part H/W as per my school’s policy for students to sit two hours piece of work that includes a ‘REVISE, TASK, PREPARE FOR NEXT LESSON’. All resources/links are included.
NOTE: I am following EDUQAS Teaching Model 1 in my teaching/ SOW and my school is only providing Media Studies at a AS/A2 Two- Year Course. If you liked this resource and found it useful, it would be greatly appreciated if you could feedback or rate my resource as I am constantly trying to adapt and refine my resources to improve the learning of my students. Many thanks.