Elizabeth’s famous Rainbow portrait
- The lesson begins with a 'retrieval ’ activity- what can you remember/what do you know about Elizabeth I
- Discussion and activity about the symbols and meanings behind the Spanish Armada portrait.
- Students presented with the ‘Rainbow’ Portrait. Symbols are pointed out and discussed. Students then have to guess what they think each symbol represents.
- Discussion on why Elizabeth used portraits.
- Students get to design their very own portrait of Elizabeth I by including a variety of symbols to create a certain message.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.