The show Extra! is a thirteen episode series for French language learners. it takes place in a Paris apartment/dormitory and has four main characters - Sam, Nico, Sacha, and Annie. Sam is an American who is trying to learn French as well as to make some new friends. He has a secret that will affect the way he relates to other people.
Each episode can stand alone, although it is more interesting to start from the beginning and watch them in order.
I usually show these to my second year students during the second semester. They have enough vocabulary to understand most of the dialog by this time.
The worksheets provide comprehension checks but also scaffolding resources. In this packet you will find:
• vocabulary list with English translations
• vocabulary list with no translations - have students fill in while watching
• comprehension questions in French
• comprehension questions in English
• flashcards for the vocabulary list
• quick explanation and practice for reflexive verb commands
• word search
• crossword puzzle
• Fill in the Blanks
• label the picture worksheet - both with and without a vocabulary list
• scrambled sentences worksheet
There are many places to view the episodes, youtube has them in both sub-titled and non sub-titled versions. For lower level students, I would suggest the version with French subtitles.
Episode 2: Sam fait du shopping
with subtitles: http://youtu.be/B4mMdHm1QVc
without subtitles: http://youtu.be/op5KoLUXQHs