Includes 7 fact sheets and 5 worksheets
Fact Sheets – Introduction: can be used in Literacy / Reading / Comprehension:
•What is it like to eat in space?**** part 1 and 2 - explaining how food was developed for space missions
• Types of Foods – information about the eight food categories in which space foods are made
• How do astronauts eat? - information about food tray design
• Great Food in Space! – about why astronauts needs specific diets
• Healthy Food in Space – outlining what astronauts have to eat to stay healthy / Food Pyramid / numbers of daily servings for each food group
**• International Space Station Daily Menu Food List **
• Look at the International Space Station Daily Menu and count how many foods there are for each food groups. Write the numbers to complete the table.
• Types of Foods - Use the information from your findings to answer some these questions.
• Planning a Daily Menu (Table) - Look at the International Space Station Daily Menu and choose foods that you would like to eat. Remember! Daily Servings tells you how many you need for each food group.
• What’s On Your Menu Today? ( Food Pyramid Chart) - Look at the International Space Station Daily Menu and choose foods that you would like to eat.
• Planning a 5 Day Menu (Table) - Use the ISS Daily Menu List and the recommended daily servings from the Food Pyramid chart to create balanced meals for an astronaut.
Useful Tip! Use the PDF doc with your IWB to work through the pages with your children :)
Hope that you like and find them useful.
If you have any comments or recommendations to make, please do not hesitate to do so. Thanks for looking :)