Choosing Food for a Space Mission – 1 fact sheet + 1 introduction to activity + 5 worksheets + 1 associated vocabulary
• Selecting A Menu – fact sheet that can be used in Literacy / Reading / Comprehension: explaining why and how astronauts get a chance to choose their menus before going on a space mission
• Testing Foods - instructions for group activity
• Taste Panel Evaluation - worksheet: record individually the scores given for each food tested with brief comments
• Testing Foods – Results – worksheet: using the Sensory Taste Panel Vocabulary, explain test results – either individually or as a group (suggest maybe printing A3 size)
• Sensory Taste Panel Vocabulary – 1 per group
• Writing sheet: Use the descriptive words from the Taste Panel Evaluation Sheet to write a paragraph about the foods you have tested.
• What meal would you like? - Astronauts ‘Food Tray (with pouches) worksheet: label the pouches with favourite foods
Useful Tip! Use the PDF doc with your IWB to work through the pages with your children :)
Hope that you like and find them useful.
If you have any comments or recommendations to make, please do not hesitate to do so. Thanks for looking :)