This pack contains a ten lesson PowerPoint focusing on the Types of Substance (Ionic, Covalent and Metallic Bonding) topic - including:
- What are Ions?
- What are the charges of different ions and compound ions?
- Drawing Ionic compounds
- Finding the formula of ionic compounds
- What are the properties of Ionic Compounds
- What are molecules?
- What are the sizes of simple molecules?
- Drawing covalent compounds
- What are the properties of simple molecular substances?
- Metals and Non-metals
- Giant Covalent Substances
- Allotropes of Carbon
- Polymers and Models
- How to work out if something is ionic, covalent or metallic
The PowerPoint booklet contains all the key information needed for the new GCSE, with self-made graphics/diagrams and questions linked to the accompanying AfL Booklet which can be used as in lesson AfL or as homework.
There are also links to revision videos to help your students revise the topic.
Finally, there is an accompanying mark scheme to help non-specialists as well.
I hope you find it as useful as my students do!