CCEA GCSE ENGLISH LANGUAGE: Unit 1 - Paper 1 Section B - Book Cover.
This is a sample question created for the new gcse specification. I usually introduce the things they should look out for in book covers:
- GENRE, AUDIENCE, PURPOSE (G.A.P.)
- sell the book cover/ persuade the reader to purchase
- create enigma or intrigue
- hints at the narrative structure / plot
- endears the reader to the main protagonist
- narrative P.O.V. (Is it first person to create a confiding tone?) and tense (present for a sense of immediacy?)
- sentence structuring and punctuation for various effects
- language devices
Then I use the assessment matrix to mark it. I’ll take a good essay, scan it in, share it with the class and give them a matrix, letting the students ‘be the examiner’ and annotate the sample essay explaining why it is good and what they could do to improve.
Hope this helps.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
Very helpful! Thank you
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.