A KS3 lesson explaining the link between genes, chromosomes and DNA. The lesson features:
- A starter task recapping previous learning on cells and sexual reproduction
-A differentiated task describing the link between genes, chromosomes and DNA (features a labelling sheet and powerpoint slides that could be printed out to form information stations)
- A 'what am I' task to assess student understanding of the link between 'genes, chromosomes and DNA'
- A task using sweets to model the 3D structure of DNA and statements that prompt students to explain what the parts of their model represent
- A video looking at the discovery of DNA with corresponding questions
- An evaluation task looking at the contributions of different scientists to the discovery of DNA (fully resourced with cards to be handed out to students in groups)