I couldn't add any more files my 1st offering so here are some more materials I have come across for teaching Goodbye Lenin. Be careful when printing the German Cinema chap 12 document as it is a proof copy.
Part of a series of lessons to improve essay writing skills about Goodbye Lenin. 11 idioms are introduced and practised through exercises that are directly linked to the movie. Am a native German speaker so if my English idioms are not quite spot on, just
Questions and activities relating to the Goodbye Lenin film. Creative writing homework task (good one for the holidays) to imagine they are a teenager in the DDR at the time of the Wende and to write diary entries about what they experience.
Fruit Bingo. Great for practicing listening skills or for practicing fruit vocabulary in any language. This set includes 30 color bingo game boards and a teacher’s master board. Whole class activity or small groups - students practice listening skills and reviewing vocab. Perfect for a group of fast finishers or for a substitute lesson.
Bingo - My Bedroom. Great for practicing listening skills or for practicing bedroom vocabulary in any language. This set includes 30 color bingo game boards and a teacher’s master board. Whole class activity or small groups - students practice listening skills and reviewing vocab. Perfect for a group of fast finishers or for a substitute lesson.
GERMAN vocabulary 'Wo wohnst du' learning display and design posters give your classroom and school corridors a fabulous GERMAN feel! Creating a GERMAN 'look' promotes GERMAN as a living language, featuring in the everyday life of the school.<br />
This series focuses on world countries, capital cities and flags, and so has a dual learning outcome: children engage with both GERMAN and world geography. It's ideal for elementary school children, and a great introduction to middle school GERMAN too. <br />
Introduce the countries, capital cities and flags with the presentation, and revisit regularly across the school year, to give children plenty of opportunity to become comfortable with reading out loud in GERMAN and to perfect their pronunciation. The posters and presentation are a great springboard for exploration, discovery and discussion of the wider world. The presentation includes a labelled world map in English so that you can discuss specifically where your home country is in relation to the countries featured in this set - this gives children a very clear and essential frame of reference for learning about and discovering other countries.<br />
Children enjoy honing their artistic and design skills by selecting their favourite country poster to color, decorate and label in their best GERMAN handwriting. I've included a set of mini-flaschards which children find useful as they prepare their own posters for display.<br />
This is a useful complementary resource to my other GERMAN Quiz, Reading & Translation Sentence Builders and Game Card resources, but works perfectly well as a standalone resource too.<br />
Vielen Dank und Viel Spaß!<br />
German Farm Animals – Auf dem Bauernhof. Flashcards, word wall, handout, worksheets, flip books, activities and games - this 87 page pack contains everything you need to teach 16 German words for talking about a farm.<br />
The vocabulary set includes: der Bauer, der Traktor, die Kuh, der Stier, das Huhn, das Schwein, das Schaf, die Ente, der Truthahn, die Ziege, das Pferd, der Hund, die Katze, das Feld, das Gatter, die Vogelscheuche.<br />
The pack comprises:<br />
1. Suggestions for use of the resources in the classroom<br />
2. Word wall set with separate title<br />
3. 16 large color flashcards - image (no text)<br />
4. 16 large b/w flashcards - image (no text)<br />
5. A set of small b/w flashcards<br />
6. A color matching activity set (words and pictures)<br />
7. A b/w handout of pictures and words<br />
8. A b/w worksheet - color and label the picture<br />
9. A b/w worksheet - unscramble the anagrams and match<br />
10. A fill in the words vocabulary worksheet (two versions - one partially completed for differentiation)<br />
11. A b/w Wordsearch activity with answer key<br />
12. 3 b/w flip books to color, fill in and assemble. Auf dem Bauernhof gibt es ....<br />
13. 2 b/w flip books to color, fill in and assemble. Practices farm vocab, plurals and numbers.<br />
14. Singular and plurals handout - b/w<br />
15. Old MacDonald hat ’ne Farm - fun song - lyrics and music<br />
16. 30 color bingo game boards and teacher’s master board<br />
17. Two sets of playing cards for games such as dominoes, pelmanism (pairs) etc - 1 color, 1 b/w.<br />
18. A farm picture to color in.