Google Drive California Gold Rush- Going Paperless? This Google slides based interactive notebook contains a complete Gold Rush Research Report perfect for Chromebooks, HP Streams, and other devices in a 1:1 classroom. Printable version included! This resources uses file sharing with Google or Microsoft OneDrive. Use these activities to engage students in a whole class, small group, or independent environment. This resource is also perfect for Homeschool students.
This original product is provided through web-based Google file sharing, contained on the Internet 'cloud' and allows you and your students to access, edit, and print files from any computer or device. Students work on their report template directly in the file on their device or computer. This product will also work with Microsoft OneDrive (instructions included!)
Templates are included to create, develop, write, edit, present, and assess your students’ California Gold Rush Report. This report (or performance task) is also designed to not only to learn and explain the new information, but answer some higher level thinking questions (Common Core Essential Questions) to apply the knowledge they have learned. Students will do all of their research via the Internet and print media (this is not included in this product). Our product is designed to assess and show what your students have learned and share it with you, their parents, and perhaps the class if you’d like them to present it.
A simple rubric and student checklist is included.
You can use this report template in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the slides you wish to use and tailor it to your students’ needs. This package contains the following California Gold Rush Report elements/questions:
1. Template includes: Questions about the factual information about many aspects of the California Gold Rush.
2. Vocabulary words to be defined and illustrations created to accompany them (a blank template is also provided for you to add any additional vocabulary words that you would like to add to provided scaffolding for students who need it).
3. Essential Questions designed for application of knowledge and higher level thinking.
4. A page to help your students find information for their report.
5. Resource Page and Bibliography Template- I use the Resource Page template because my students are not ready to learn the rules of a true bibliography, but if you teach bibliography skills I have included a template for you.
6. Note Taking page for students to take notes as they gather research on their person.
A printable version of this report is also included in this product!