Safer Internet Day 2016 focused upon hate speech that can take place online. Young people want the internet to be a positive and inclusive place that respects people’s differences and this pack is designed to start those discussions and to help them to make this a reality.
This pack contains:
- parents presentation
- a script to accompany the presentation
- conversation starters for parents
- a parents letter to send home
- a poster to promote the parent session
- a parent factsheet with useful links
- a parent information leaflet
and accompanying video content at www.saferinternet.org.uk/safer-internet-day/2016/sid-tv
to make it as easy as possible for you to run a parent/carer session in your school, library or organisation for Safer Internet Day.
Further information can be found at www.saferinternetday.org.uk