This is an assessment for a Hazardous earth component of Edexcel B GCSE. I’m sure it can be used for other exam boards as the hazardous earth unit is included in all geography specifications. Key facts about the assessment are:
- The assessment is mainly comprised of short answer questions with one extended writing piece.
- The assessment covers a range of marks from a 1 mark question to 8 mark question.
- The assessment include source based questions, recall questions and a case study question.
- The assessment examines the following content; global warming, the greenhouse effect/gases, natural and human causes of past climate change, evidence of the little ice age, features of tropical storms and the effects and response to tropical storms.
- The paper uses command words use by the exam board.