This Home Alone 2 Movie Viewing Guide (PG - 1992) is a great Christmas activity. Challenge your students think about the deeper meaning of Christmas that this movie has to offer. Explore how Kevin’s attitude changes towards his family and analyze the traps he sets for Marv and Harry.
This resource consists of 11 high-level, short answer and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
This product .zip file includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF print version (4 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (4 pages)
*An answer key is included with this movie guide, however many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters’ dialogue and behavior. See the preview for samples.
*A Google Forms Version of the Movie Guide
*CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF (1 page - see also preview image)
**CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
**Distance Learning Tips:
- Distribute the digital PDF file or the google forms version to each student
- Use the screen sharing tool on your group call software to play the movie
- Pause the movie at each question to give students time to write/discuss
Is this movie guide worth it? Download two of my movie guides for free below:
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
* Pinterest - TeacherTravis
* Instagram - Teachers Travis
* Facebook - K12MovieGuides
* Twitter - K12MovieGuides
* Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides