How Planes Fly - A Digital, Device-Based resource that will get your kids out of their seats, engaged, utilizing technology, and collaborating to solve real problems and test their knowledge. This activity works well across grades as a means of assessment, review, and/or instruction. This hunt was designed for high school biology students.
This activity is the coolest thing I've created and your kids are going to love it, mine do. Think of a scavenger hunt, then add devices (Smartphones, Chromebooks, Laptops, or Tablets), engaged students, and learning through assessment and you have this resource.
Quick Disclaimer. In order to use this activity, your classroom must have at least 1 device per 3 students. Smartphones, Chromebooks, Laptops, and Tablets will all work perfectly. The wording and delivery make this resource perfect for a wide range of grade levels. If for some reason you feel this hunt isn't perfect for your classroom, I'm happy to refund your purchase no questions asked.
The Content Includes:
• Overview of lift generation
• Major events in aeronautical history
• The Wright brothers
• Implications of cabin pressurization
• Largest airplane
Here's how you implement them:
• Print the QR codes and place them around the room
• Place your students into groups
• Let them loose! They move from Location to Location as they complete their tasks. Each Task is assigned by scanning the QR code and there are 5 Tasks per Scavenger Hunt Activity.
• Have them submit their answers directly to your email via a form on my website.
• Lets your students utilize their devices
• Cuts down on wasted paper
• Combines learning with assessment
• Is a lot of fun
• Comes in both Word and PDF formats
Each Hunt is different and offers a unique way for your students to explore the topic. From Hunt-to-Hunt, possible tasks your students will face include:
• Video analysis
• Fully automated and marked Quiz
• Finish the story
• Start the story
• News article
• Word Scramble
• Short answer
• Web research