This guided reading resource is taken from Enjoy Guided Reading: Book Banded Blue and Green, by Karen Moncrieffe. This is a complete chapter and includes the following guidance and set activities for a year 1 class which could cover a half term of work using the carousel method:
- Brief information on the author and illustrator
- A synopsis of the story
- Teacher-led session 1 : introducing the text; and questions linked to the first section of the story.
- Activities with photocopy masters (PCM’s) for pupils to work on independently allowing differentiation opportunities between guided reading sessions
- Teacher-led session 2 : this session involves completing the book followed by questions linked to the remainder of the story.
- Enhancing understanding : questions and role-play activities designed to help children connect with the text and deepen their understanding of the whole text.
- Follow-up activities with PCM’s - activities relating to the whole text, or to provide extension, are in this section
- Assessment tick sheet- to monitor the children’s understanding during guided reading sessions.
To purchase the full book which includes 10 books at Book bands Blue and Green, see www.badgerlearning.co.uk