A cartoon booklet that introduces particle physics, particle accelerators and the Large Hadron Collider. This clear, concise and entertaining booklet explains what a particle accelerator such as the LHC is and the questions it is trying to answer such as ‘why is there matter and not anti-matter?’, ‘what is Dark Energy?’. It also looks at the people and technology behind the project. Ages 11 and above.
World Religions: Ramadan (2016)<br />
1. PowerPoint presentation about Islam; Ramadan and Eid-ul-Fitr<br />
2. Ramadan work book:<br />
Learning outcomes:<br />
1. Write a report about Ramadan for a local newspaper<br />
2. Answer written questions about Ramadan<br />
3. Complete a gapped text about Ramadan<br />
4. Write a description of a special day you celebrate<br />
3. Phases of the moon activity<br />
This lesson goes over the Chinese creation story and has everything you need. Good detailed information, learning objectives and outcomes have been differentiated. There are also a range of activities and worksheets that have bee provided. <br />
Excellent range of images, a video clip and activities that kept pupils' engaged throughout the lesson.