Help your students develop important survival skills while improving their reading, writing, spelling and vocabulary!
This practical book is filled with easy-to-use activities that focus on essential vocabulary and real-life situations to help students become more confident and independent. Key words are introduced, then reinforced through step-by-step exercises emphasizing word pronunciation, definitions, spelling, handwriting, problem solving, and more! A terrific way to help your students acquire vital life skills!
Words Include: driver's manual, detour, pedestrian, tenant, vacancy, lease agreement, merchandise, reimburse, and many more.
Interest Level 7-12 | Reading Level 4-5
- 7 Lessons
- Activities that cover learning to drive, filing an accident report, coupons, newspaper, insurance, and more
- Answer key
- And more!
Skills Covered Include:
- Apply information
- Choose the correct word
- Expand vocabulary
- Understand meaning of words and ideas
- Use context clues
- Use dictionary and glossary skills
- Develop consumer skills
- Find relevant facts
- Understand and use reference sources
- Understand consumer information
- Analyze information
- Fill out forms correctly