Engage your students while introducing them to the concepts and basics of Sociology with this unit for Canada! These Sociology lessons will provide hands-on ways for students to apply knowledge while thinking critically about the material. A variety of media is included with two projects at the end. Make your life easier with this Introduction to Sociology Unit!
Why will this product help me
- Files are all organized into folders for easy access
- Lesson plan pacing calendar for each unit to help you in planning
- FREE updates: I teach this course every year and update my plans
- All the videos are included in Power-point presentations
- Email support directly from me
- Teacher created and tested by someone with experience
- Optimized for Seventy five -minute lessons but adaptable to your schedule
What does this curriculum contain?
- Thirty complete lesson plans
- Hands-on student activities + all needed materials to implement the lessons
- TED Talks
- You-tube clips
- Assessment with answer key
What is sociology?
What is the sociological imagination?
Who were famous sociologists?
What are the main sociological theories?
How do sociologists do research?
What is deviance?
What is racial stratification?
What is social stratification?
What is gender stratification?
What does it mean to be trans-gender?
How are we socialized?
What does it mean when boys put on a mask?
How do social movements affect Canada?
How can I access the lessons
Option 1) Google Drive
Still need some convincing?
As a secondary Social Studies teacher, I truly understand the lack of resources provided to us, along with the multitude of preps that are assigned to each teacher. I know the feeling of having to plan for several advanced classes each day, which can be very draining. I understand the hesitance to spend your money on anything.
This product, however, will do a few things for you and your sanity to allow you to fully enjoy teaching your students:
Cut down on your prep time
Lesson plans are already created and ready to go
Organized and Comprehensive and driven by proven results
Free updates and added lesson plans