A complete poetry lesson for KS2 based on the poem ‘Jabberwocky’ by Lewis Carroll. Includes PPT presentation and comprehension tasks. Ideal for exploring classic and nonsense poetry. Great for vocabulary work and encouraging students to decipher word meanings through context. Also includes guidance for three follow-up activities. A flexible resource with the potential for extension into a short unit of work.
The 16 slide PPT contains:
• The poem with supporting visual images
• Background information about the poet and poem
• Discussion questions
• Details of follow-up poetry perfomance and writing activities
The resource also includes:
• A copy of the poem. Useful for pupils to read, make annotations or highlight.
• Two differentiated worksheets. Worksheet A contains straightforward literal questions and an activity requiring pupils to visualise aspects of the poem. Worksheet B is more challenging and contains questions linked to the poet’s use of language and a task requiring students to summarise part of the poem.
Get this resource as part of a bundle and save up to 20%
A bundle is a package of resources grouped together to teach a particular topic, or a series of lessons, in one place.
Nonsense Poetry Bundle
Contains two complete poetry lessons based on the nonsense poem 'Jabberwocky’ by Lewis Carroll and a selection of Edward Lear’s limericks. Includes PPT presentations and comprehension tasks. Ideal for teachers exploring classic nonsense poetry. Useful for reading sessions or literacy lessons Each lesson also includes guidance for follow-up activities making this a flexible resource with the potential for extension into two short units of work. The PPT provided for each lesson includes: • Poem(s) with supporting visual images • Background information about the poet and poem (s) • Discussion questions • Details of follow-up activities. Also included for each lesson: • Copy of the poem (s). Useful for pupils to read, make annotations or highlight. • Two differentiated comprehension worksheets.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.