A week on planning and resources based on Pie Corbett's Talk for Writing. Lessons focus on sentence construction (compound sentences) and writing better sentences choosing better words (powerful verbs and adjectives). This first week is "imitation" Where it states a "story" map - sections of the story are drawn as symbols. You can devise your own pictures for main words or use words you want children to focus on. ie for parcel - draw a parcel, for Katie Morag - draw a girl's face.
Lesson plans for the authors and letters unit. I created this last year - some elements worked verry well and others need tweaking for this year. However I have put it online to help others when planning - which hopefully it will!
This is a 4 week unit of plans for year 3 myths and legends. I have planned it in detail up to session 11 but after that its really a brief overview of the next series of lessons. I will probably finish planning it in the first week of the new year. I will try to add the completed copy then. Hopefully this will help.
This unit of work was planned by the student teacher who worked in my class last year. The end product was very good - all the children wrote their own adventure stories. I hope it helps when people plan their own unit based on this theme. Topics alos included: narrative text; mystery and adventure story.
This is my completed version for the myths and legends unit. Its more or less similiar to the previous unit I uploaded. The texts I am using are from a variety of places including the web, Usborne Greek myths for young children and The Orchard book of first Greek myths. I choose the ones which are most appropriate for my class or adapt and rewrite some if they are too tricky for my children to understand.
64 fun and engaging topics on which to base short/extended writing activities. Adapted from 642 Things to Write About (Young Writer's Edition), this resource comes complete with inspirational picture 'hooks' to really stimulate writing.
- Appropriate for use at KS1/2/3/4
- Ideal for literacy starters
- Easily differentiated
- Incredibly open-ended
- Thought provoking and challenging
- Sparks creativity and technical writing skills
- Perfectly adaptable (videos, role play, etc.)
An excellent collection of resources - an ideal pack for new teachers. Pack features:
* About you - complete introduction lesson getting to know your students better
* 15 KS3 starter pack - 15 general original starters
* Literacy Health Check - a complete literacy test lesson to see where students are in terms of basic literacy
* End of term quiz - hours of fun, quiz pack
* Letter card sort with starters - a lasting letter resource to instruct students on the correct layout of letters + 5 starters thrown in
* Find the word 5 starter pack - great resource for Y7 students
Unbeatable value! £14.50 for £5.50!
Visit my shop for more great resources here:
A great value bundle pack, featuring:
* About You - a full introductionary lesson. (Normally £3)
* 15 bumper pack of general KS3 starters.
* Quiz pack - hours of fun quizzes, ideal for form time or to be broken up as starters/plenaries.
Just what you need to get a head start in the new school year!
£7.50 pack for just £4.25!
Bargain sale of premium Quizzes.
Here you get £18.00 of resources for £5.00!!
See the bundle links for further information.
For more great resources and lessons visit my shop here: