• Clear and concise glossary of terms with examples
• Technically accurate yet child-friendly
• Visually appealing, easy-to-follow layout
• Conveniently divided into the 6 sections of grammar and punctuation
• Perfect reference sheet for children, teachers and parents
All definitions are in line with the national curriculum’s definitions of grammar. The placemat includes:
• The national curriculum’s definition of how pronouns and determiners overlap
• The national curriculum’s definition of an exclamation
• The difference between prepositions and subordinating conjunctions depending on the word's function
• Concise, technically accurate definitions of tricky concepts such as adverbs; the overlapping nature of adverbials with other areas of grammar; and all verb forms and tenses from the subjunctive form to the present perfect
FREE VERSION INCLUDES SECTIONS ON:
• Word classes
• Functions of sentences
• Sentence construction
PURCHASE THE FULL VERSION FOR JUST £5 FOR ADDITIONAL SECTIONS ON:
• Verb forms and tense
I've left the file as a word document as it kept going all strange when I tried to convert it to PDF!
Please leave feedback :)
A few mistakes and misconceptions on the resource. <br /> <br /> This is incorrect:<br /> <br /> "Note: the following are determiners and pronouns at the same time:<br /> my, your, his, her, its, our, their"<br /> <br /> They are not pronouns. They do not take the role of nouns; this will certainly confuse the children. <br /> <br /> Also, the subject/object is too basic of an explanation. <br /> <br />
Thank you so much for sharing this, so helpful for the children to have it all on one page.
Thank you for publishing your resource. It has been selected to be featured in our revamped <a href=https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/primary-national-tests>primary national tests hub</a>.
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.