A full lesson with clear instructions, targeted research questions and suggested starting points for research projects.
- Traditional Igbo religious practices
- Christian religious practices.
- Social elements of Igbo culture including expected gender roles and family relationships.
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, her life, her attitudes on literature, gender and African identity.
- The history of governance in Nigeria – the creation of the country and the various coups that have taken place.
- African literature, Nigerian music, oral traditions and Adichie’s literary influences.
Lesson also includes a quiz on relevant literary terms, a prior knowledge check and links to resources to guide to evaluating sources and referencing using the MLA.
Get this resource as part of a bundle and save up to 35%
A bundle is a package of resources grouped together to teach a particular topic, or a series of lessons, in one place.
A unit of work for Adichie's Purple Hibiscus including lessons on: * Context * Structure * Plot * Narration * The theme of religion * The theme of gender * The theme of oppression Activities include highly scaffolded group work and research questions ideal for challenging higher ability students while also scaffolding weaker students towards the appropriate critical thinking skills. The knowledge organiser is designed to support pupils' linguistic and contextual knowledge. Each lesson begins with questions which use the testing effect to improve pupils' knowledge of the novel and draw their attention to the more important elements of the text. I have also included a slide on the PowerPoints which references the key vocabulary from the knowledge organiser that is most appropriate for that lesson.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.