Vocabulary for 10 family members and five fun games to practice understanding and pronunciation. Slides also include pronunciation guidance and translations:
madre – mother
padre – father
hermano – brother
hermana – sister
abuelo – granddad
abuela – grandma
tía – aunt
tío – uncle
primo – cousin (male)
prima – cousin (female)
There is guidance on how to pronounce the words in Spanish for non specialist teachers. The five activities are:
- Matching - students match the numbers to the pictures.
- Picture splat - teacher says the number and two students compete to be the first to splat the picture.
- What’s missing - numbers disappear from the slide and students must say what has disappeared
- Blockbusters – students complete to say the target vocabulary to cross from one side of the board to another.
- Quick flash - pictures are displayed momentarily. Students put their hand up and say what the picture is. Click again and the picture appears. Click a third time and the word in Spanish appears.
Each game includes key phrases the teacher can use in Spanish.
I hope you find it useful!