- Brainstorming to start the lesson
- Listening activity : video 'The French revolution in a nutshell' to understand what happened on the 14th July 1789. the students answer the 3 questions What ? When ? Where ?
- Class activity : What is la Marseillaise ? Listen to an extract of the song and fill in the gaps in the lyrics
- Why is the flag blue white red ?
- Writing activity (GCSE training) - Describe the picture : Delacroix painting, la Liberte guidant le peuple. Recap of the vocabulry in the foreground/background etc.
- Quizlet vocabulary practice - the students can scan the QR code to land on the quizlet page and practice the vocab. Print the flashcards from the website to practice the vocabulary in class.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
Excellent lesson on Bastille day, very interesting and complete ! I used it with my year 7, 8 and 9 and adapted the difficulty for each class, they loved it !
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.