Four differentiated learning outcomes for every lesson in the new GCSE chemistry.
Every lesson in new GCSE Chemistry course.
Specifically for AQA.
Each lesson also have links to specification numbers for both Triple science and Trilogy.
BIOLOGY, PHYSICS AND REQUIRED PRACTICAL LEARNING OUTCOMES COMING SOON!
This has taken weeks of time outside of school so purchasing it will save you a lot of pain!
Learning outcomes or success criteria template made for Science GCSE and KS5
You can choose the logo you want at the top (either Bio Chem or Phys)
Change up the title of the lesson and the outcomes;
Print out and get students to stick in books
File in Microsoft publisher
*** Updated with examples of learning outcomes I use when I'm teaching
Ideal If you are leading on KS3 Curriculum development in your school (Especially good if you are new to post) add me on @thenortherner19
I have devised this curriculum which completely remodels our approach to assessment, planning, reporting, tracking and intervention. You will find enclosed my strategy for the implementation of this new curriculum. I have checker all resources and they should download well. Please contact me through tes chat if there is an issue.
1. A development plan for Curriculum, Literacy and Pupil Premium
2. An initial presentation made to teachers regarding the changes to the curriculum. supporting resources for this include:
- A timeline for Curriculum development
- Example of an agreed SoW format and lesson plan format to be used
- An example of grading criteria to be used in science each department devised their own grading criteria based on the Draft specifications at GCSE and their current knowledge. These grading criteria have been used to plan the assessments throughout KS3.
3. A KS3 development timeline
4. Presentation to parents explaining the new curriculum (this was extremely well received by parents)
5. A parental questionnaire that was used on the New curriculum information evening
6 A booklet to be shared with parents after launch, detailing the curriculum model (This is a good place to start reading on this strategy)
7 1-9 grade forecasts for all subjects. This has been used to set target grades for our pupils. We have used transition matrices to complete the flight paths to 9-1. Once the targets are in place you can enter the KS2 data into the spreadsheet to see how those forecasts will look in terms of a performance profile of each year group.
8. Please leave me some feedback
WHOLE SCHOOL TARGET SETTING All SUBJECTS Life Beyond Levels KS2 (NEW SCALED SCORE)-KS4 1-9 Grade Forecaster/Target Grades (Create targets for WHOLE school)
THIS IS A NEW AND UPDATED VERSION USING THE SCALED SCORES FROM KS2. I created this file to help set end of year targets for KS3 pupils based on KS3 Scaled scores in Maths, Reading and Grammar, punctuation and Spelling. I have identified a flightpath for each KS2 entry level. These have been based on Maths and English or both.
It is ideal if you are using 1-9 grades throughout the KS3 and KS4 curriculum and includes:
• a modifiable target grade/flightpath for each pupil. At this moment the flightpath for each child is linear and there is a steeper progress line for more able pupils (This is to ensure we are setting aspirational targets that will support whole school results going forward)
• KS4 target forecast grades for each child (I wanted to always have a handle on the actual final outcomes that these targets would result in should they be met by pupils)
• KS4 forecast for the whole cohort
If you want to discuss this further then please add me on twitter @thenortherner19 as I am keen to network.
The forecasting of grades uses grades of 1 to 9 with a fine scale of .1 .2 and .3 (Meaning entering, developing and secure respectively).
Using this file you can:
- use the existing flightpaths or modify them (see how they are graphically presented over the five years at school)
- these flightpaths will automatically predict a forecast 1-9 percentage for the Y7, Y8 and Y9 cohort at the end of school (this will help you to visualize the school outcome should you wish to check that forecasting is aspirational enough and would result in sound achievement)
- use these flightpaths to enter onto SIMS as a target grade
Please check my other KS3 Curriculum tracking resources on my online TES shop
The below subjects are based on KS2 Scaled scores:
• English – based on English only
• Maths – based on Maths only
• All other subjects – based on an average of Reading, Maths and GPS
• You can of course choose to follow any one of the above for individual subjects (Eg Humanities can use the English flightpath or Science can use the Maths one etc.
NEW Science 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (USING SCALED SCORE KS2)
This tracker will allow you to track attainment and progress of pupils of all abilities and uses the NEW KS2 assessments of SCALED SCORES
• 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (GCSE or KS3 - as long as you use 1-9)
• If you use 1-9 GCSE grades with .1, .2 and .3 fine grades then this assessment tracker will work for you.
• This tracker will allow you to track 12 assessments throughout the year. The grades will average at the end and will give you a constant picture of the cohort performance.
• These figures can be periodically cut and paste into the tracker so that progress of the cohort.
• Included is also a target grade forecasting tool so you can graphically see how pupils are targeted and the expected flightpaths. All pupils have been given aspirational targets and this is what I have designed for use in my school
If you need to speak to me regarding how this works or how it can be modified then please contact me on Twitter @thenortherner19