A full bundle of resources to help you deliver a full project to design and make a laser cut LED torch! This is ideal for early KS3 learners but can be developed by KS4 to design and develop their own versions.
The bundle includes:
- Topic-specific numeracy-based starter activities
- A comprehensive comic-style instruction booklet for learners to follow independently.
- A high quality instructional video with narration that learners can use to independently assemble their torches.
- All the technical information that you’d like your learners to know (exploded diagrams, custom vs standard components, dimensioning, isometric and orthographic design templates).
- CAD / CAM - 2D Design and laser cutting
- Custom and standard components
- Independent working
- Following instructions (written, pictorial and video)
- Electrical circuits
- History of the torch
- Applied numeracy skills
Resources needed to deliver this project:
(quantities given are per torch)
- Techsoft 2D Design software
- Laser cutter
- Inkjet or laser colour printer
- Wooden mallet
Materials and standard components:
- 3mm transparent cast acrylic sheet (each torch uses approx 75mm x 155mm of acrylic)
- Paper for printed inserts
- Clear sticky tape
- 1 x 20mm clear round packaging stickers (optional - as clear sticky tape can be used instead)
- 1 x 5mm super bright white LED
- 1 x 25mm split key ring
- 1 x 3V CR2032 coin cell battery (Panasonic brand used in video demo but others work too)
- 2 x 8mm plastic binding screws (www.colbrookbinding.com) Product reference: SCREW8
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
Thank you for rating this resource so highly! I hope that you and your students enjoy it. If you have any questions or suggestions on ways to improve this resource bundle then please let me know! :)
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.