Who it’s for : This reading comprehension is for teachers who are teaching a higher level of French. It is good for students with good French reading and speaking skills, as it talks about the current French movement : the Yellow Vests.
**Included : **
- A reading comprehension about the Yellow Vests.
- A vocabulary search from the text. (Vocabulary that the students can re-use in their speaking and writing)
- A true and false exercise.
- Questions about the text (2) and questions for them to think about the movement and their country.
- Full correction of the 3 exercises.
The learning objectives :
- Comprehend the actual situation of France.
- Identify where the problems are coming from/ what the problems are.
- Examine and investigate how we can solve the problems.
I also recorded myself reading the text so the students have a better idea on how to pronounce some of the words they might not be sure about. There is also a video that I uploaded. It is also a good exercise for your students as it shows different “messages” that they can analyse. (Some of the photos are repeated in the video)
This exercise is excellent for:
(i)GCSE and GCSE students with high abilities
This exercise matches all types of curricula as it is part of the “Economic and Social Development” of France.
Practical tips :
- Some of the questions in exercise 2 can be used as a speaking task.
- Exercise 1 can be done with or without a dictionary.