Please leave feedback on this lesson to help other teachers. This lesson is also available as part of a discounted bundle to save you a bit of money. I am adding a small charge to the rest of the lessons in this topic due to the time it has taken to produce.
A resource and activity heavy start for your students to really get them into the role of a police officer at the time of the Whitechapel murders. The lesson is structured as:
1. Introduction to the three question types
2. A 'Metropolitan Police Examination' to establish student prior knowledge and promote interest
3. A certificate for use after the examination.
4. A task to allow the students time to use any book you have to examine to variety of sources available from the time and set out their thoughts about strengths and weaknesses of these. This will give students the opportunity to read through the chapter and start forming knowledge of their own.
5. Example source questions about usefulness and asking questions.
6. A homework sheet about the Trafalgar Demonstrations and Bloody Sunday using the evidence provided.