A selection of photos of 'Autumn' or woodland animals for use on the IWB. Used with my reception class as an introduction during Autumn theme. We discussed each animal (appearance, what it eats etc.) The children then played a game in which one thought of an animal and the others asked questions to guess e.g. are you furry? Can you fly? Are you bigger than ...?
Make teaching spelling easier! A comprehensive resource bank for spelling activities - looking at a range of spelling strategies including rules, phonics, syllables, spelling in context, suffixes, contractions and manipulating words.
Presented using SMARTBoard, these slides are fully editable if needed and are excellent for revision as well as quality first teaching.
This colourful resource is a detailed introduction to teaching split digraphs.
There are 5 PowerPoint Presentations - which includes whole class activities.
Each presentation focuses on a-e, e-e, i-e, o-e and u-e split digraphs.
The phonic pack also contains:
- 5 lesson plans - slides are referred to in the plans - includes objectives and key questions.
- Differentiated activities - filling in split digraph letters, write sentences, word searches, correcting misspelt words (highlighted), e.g. hoem, tiem.
- Solution to the word searches
- Practical activities making split digraph words on laminated strips.
- Split digraph strips, letters a-z, consonant digraphs and consonant blends - to be laminated and cut out.
- Flashcards for teaching
- Teacher's Notes
Goes well with:
Images: www.clker.com, Microsoft clipart
File type: Word format