I hope you are ready to tackle one of greatest mysteries - life. The principal focus of science teaching during the early years is to enable students to look closely at the world around them. The world is made of both living and non-living things. This booklet helps students to explore the important differences between the two. It also challenges their thinking about life.
This package contains:
Introduction - What we know and what we want to know
Three posters Living, Non-Living Never Lived - color as well as black and white versions.
- All about living things
- All about non-living things
- All about never lived
- Living! - How do you know?
- Non- Living! How do you know
- Never Lived! How do you know?
- Ask the snow hare questions about what living things need.
- Ask the leopard seal questions about non-living things.
- Ask the robot questions about things that have never lived
- Facts about living and non-living
- Wise as an owl
- Compare and Contrast
- Three things that living things share
- Three things that non-living things share
- Living things need and can Create a Mind Map
- Non-living things Create a Mind Map
- Scavenger Hunt Living things
- Scavenger Hunt Non-living things
- Think Dive Discuss and ponder over the questions.
- Think Dive Imagine and Invent