Assessing pupil progress in maths and assessment for learning in mathematics. WHAT PUPILS NEED TO KNOW TO GET THAT GRADE...Check out this fantastic interactive resource which allows pupils to zoom and pan around to find out what learning outcomes they need to be comfortable with to get their target grade...
Some student friendly language for describing what they should do for each assessment objective. Also some pointers of what kind of things they should be talking about in a critique session; also helpful for developing ideas and research for their projects.
With the changes in ways that school's are to track progress, and the freedom that schools have to choose their own, this set of descriptors could be used to complement or replace existing models. Split into the four attainment target areas, these will help to track individual progress of your students in a clear and concise way. Special target sheets can also be developed to help students understand what it is that they need to do to achieve the next level up.
Hope this helps.
This resource includes assessment covering all the outcomes in the MEASUREMENT STRAND of the Australian curriculum. There is an assessment for each year from Foundation to Year 6. The outcomes have been noted against each question. We have provided an answer sheet for ease of marking and a score sheet for each level.
WHOLE SCHOOL TARGET SETTING All SUBJECTS Life Beyond Levels KS2 (NEW SCALED SCORE)-KS4 1-9 Grade Forecaster/Target Grades (Create targets for WHOLE school)
THIS IS A NEW AND UPDATED VERSION USING THE SCALED SCORES FROM KS2. I created this file to help set end of year targets for KS3 pupils based on KS3 Scaled scores in Maths, Reading and Grammar, punctuation and Spelling. I have identified a flightpath for each KS2 entry level. These have been based on Maths and English or both.
It is ideal if you are using 1-9 grades throughout the KS3 and KS4 curriculum and includes:
• a modifiable target grade/flightpath for each pupil. At this moment the flightpath for each child is linear and there is a steeper progress line for more able pupils (This is to ensure we are setting aspirational targets that will support whole school results going forward)
• KS4 target forecast grades for each child (I wanted to always have a handle on the actual final outcomes that these targets would result in should they be met by pupils)
• KS4 forecast for the whole cohort
If you want to discuss this further then please add me on twitter @thenortherner19 as I am keen to network.
The forecasting of grades uses grades of 1 to 9 with a fine scale of .1 .2 and .3 (Meaning entering, developing and secure respectively).
Using this file you can:
- use the existing flightpaths or modify them (see how they are graphically presented over the five years at school)
- these flightpaths will automatically predict a forecast 1-9 percentage for the Y7, Y8 and Y9 cohort at the end of school (this will help you to visualize the school outcome should you wish to check that forecasting is aspirational enough and would result in sound achievement)
- use these flightpaths to enter onto SIMS as a target grade
Please check my other KS3 Curriculum tracking resources on my online TES shop
The below subjects are based on KS2 Scaled scores:
• English – based on English only
• Maths – based on Maths only
• All other subjects – based on an average of Reading, Maths and GPS
• You can of course choose to follow any one of the above for individual subjects (Eg Humanities can use the English flightpath or Science can use the Maths one etc.
NEW Maths 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (USING SCALED SCORE KS2)
This tracker will allow you to track attainment and progress of pupils of all abilities and uses the NEW KS2 assessments of SCALED SCORES
• 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (GCSE or KS3 - as long as you use 1-9)
• If you use 1-9 GCSE grades with .1, .2 and .3 fine grades then this assessment tracker will work for you.
• This tracker will allow you to track 12 assessments throughout the year. The grades will average at the end and will give you a constant picture of the cohort performance.
• These figures can be periodically cut and paste into the tracker so that progress of the cohort.
• Included is also a target grade forecasting tool so you can graphically see how pupils are targeted and the expected flightpaths. All pupils have been given aspirational targets and this is what I have designed for use in my school
If you need to speak to me regarding how this works or how it can be modified then please contact me on Twitter @thenortherner19