This is an 8 page resource I created about the infamous McGlincy family killings in 1896. Known as one of the most gruesome murders in the nation, the McGlincy case took the nation by storm even though it originated in the small agricultural village of Campbell, California.
This resource includes:
- 8 pages of research based historical content written in a clear and concise manner.
- A background and history of the town of Campbell and the McGlincy family.
- Chunked practice questions inserted through out the readings.
- Vivid photos of the family and town in the 1890s.
- Free response critical thinking questions at the end of the resource.
- Links to videos and podcasts to supplement the reading.
This resource is not about a traditional history topic, however, it has students apply their knowledge of different historical contexts, compare and contrast the past with the present, and use critical thinking to analyze and problem solve. There are no wrong answers o the Critical Thinking Questions so I did not provide an answer key.
The readings can be chunked and assigned every few days so that students have time to absorb and reflect on the information.
This can be a great resource to have your students practice and enhance their critical thinking skills.
Please feel free to leave positive and productive feedback. If you would like more resources on this product, please let me know. And please feel free to follow my store!