Everything you need to introduce or review Mitosis is right here including the lesson (student and teacher versions) and a student lesson handout. The Power Point is interactive and engaging with YouTube videos and online simulations hyperlinked directly onto the slides. No more searching for videos, just click on the slide and it will take you directly to them.
Buyer Comment: "Money well spent! Why reinvent the wheel? Awesome job!"
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the power point
- The student version of the power point
- Student lesson handout
- Hyperlinked videos and simulations
In order, the lesson covers:
- Overview of the cell cycle
- Overview of genetic material including genes
- Genetic features
- The phases of mitosis
- Checkpoints in the cell cycle
- Consequences of errors in mitosis
The student version of the power point contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.