This resource contains 28 worksheets (with answers and progress check) of mastery maths resources to support the delivery of the Year 2 Money Block 3 - Autumn Term White Rose (WRM) ‘small steps’ programme. These resources are for Week 1.
The worksheets contain tasks (concrete, pictorial and abstract) linked to the White Rose small steps with an emphasis on the mastery approach to learning advocated by the White Rose scheme and includes reasoning and problem-solving tasks. The worksheets are available in both PDF and word format to enable editing.
The resources focus on the following objectives and small steps:
Year 2 Maths National Curriculum Objectives
- Recognise and use symbols for pounds (£) and pence §
- Combine amounts to make a particular value
- Find different combinations of coins that equal the same amounts of money.
- Solve simple problems in a practical context involving addition and subtraction of money of the same unit, including giving change.
White Rose Small Steps
- Count money – pence
- Count money – pounds (notes and coins)
- Count money – notes and coins
- Select money
- Make the same amount
Thinking of publishing your own resources? Check out this step-by-step guide: