This is a super fun (yet truly educational!) game where students race to the finish line by counting the number of beats on a card! Use in your daily lessons, as part of music center or music workstation activities, or as a great sub plan!
This is a bundle of all the following levels:
- Level Beginner - Quarter Notes and Beamed Eighth Notes
- Level 1 - Quarter Note, Quarter Rest, Beamed Eighth Notes
- Level 2 - PLUS Half Note
- Level 3 - PLUS Whole Note
- Level 4 - PLUS Beamed Sixteenth Notes
- Level 5 - PLUS Dotted Half Note
- Level 6 - PLUS Whole Rest Half Rest
- Level 7 - PLUS Eighth-Sixteenth Combo
- Level 8 - PLUS Dotted Quarter Note, Single Eighth Note
- Level 9 - PLUS Single Eighth Rest
In the game, each student will draw a card and count up the number of counts on each card. Then, they can move their game piece (provided by you - see here for examples or use pony beads!) the number of counts on the card. There are also some “game” cards like “Wreck: Skip Your Turn!”
Your students will LOVE playing this game in music centers or as a stand-alone activity! You will verbally hear them calling out the names of the notes as the move forward and check each other.
In this resource for each level:
- Game board in Black and White.
- Game board in Color.
- Cards to print out (8 cards to one sheet of paper).
- Directions for Teacher.
- Directions for Students - print out and put in the packet for students!
Like this product? You will also love:
- Rhythm Coloring 3B- Color by Note Name - Quarter N/R, Eighth, Whole, Half
- Sub Tub - Rhythm Coloring: Patriotic - Color by Note - multiple rhythm levels
- Music Centers: Rhythm Race Counting Edition Level 5 - Rhythm Game
Teach music. Love life.