Composer of the Month is a great way to bring some music history to your students! Ready to start a Composer/Musician of the Month but don’t have a plan ready? Look no further! This is the perfect resource for your lessons on Edvard Grieg, the amazing composer behind In the Hall of the Mountain King and Morning Mood (from the Peer Gynt Suite). Hint: He’s great for an October composer of the month!
This set includes:
- Lesson Plans covering mini-lessons to presented at the beginning or end of your lesson as a “Musician of the Month” activity.
- Bulletin Board printables including information about the composer, definitions appropriate to the particular composer (i.e. Composer, Conductor, Musician).
- YouTube links to engaging videos highlighting the composer’s works.
This set will get you with a Lesson Plan that is ready to print and yet can still be modified to suite your needs. The composer units focus on a different composer or musician each month and the lesson takes about 5-10 minutes of the lesson time. I do the lesson at the very beginning of class and focus on listening, discussing music with appropriate terminology, and connecting music to the “real world.” Each lesson comes with 5 mini-lessons and links to the YouTube videos used in the lesson.
In addition, you will also receive printouts for your bulletin boards with blank pages that can also be modified to suite your needs. I display the current composer’s information in my room and then move his or her information to the hallway as a running list for students. Pictures of this can be found on my blog.
Like this product? You will also love:
- Music Center: Don’t Break the Dynamics! - Dynamics Symbol Reading Game
- Music Center: Don’t Spill the Pitches! - Solfege Pitch Note Reading Game
- Music Center: Don’t Spill the Dynamics! - Dynamics Symbol Reading Game
Visit my website to join the Free Resource Library!
Teach music. Love life.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.