I have created a variety of worksheets - some can be used with the help of information texts or/and Internet as a means to record answers.
• Fill in the missing words to complete fact sheets about the Sun and each planet and Moon in our solar system
• Temperatures : identify the planets different temperatures and write their names on the thermometer (use table about planets – included)
• Match descriptions to pictures of planets (cut and paste)
• Cut out pictures of Sun, planets and Moon to create our solar system and how planets orbit around the Sun or/and create a line diagram to show the distance each planet have from the Sun
• Label planets orbiting in our solar system
• In Orbit: fill in the missing words to complete facts about our Earth, Moon and Sun’s orbits
• Space Exploration: fill in the missing words to complete facts about different spacecrafts
Further activities that can be linked to other Science topics
• Gravity Pulls: work out own weight in Newtons; how much you weigh if you were on the Moon
• Gravity and Other Forces: complete facts about different forces using terms ‘gravity, air resistance, thrust and friction’.
• Solids, Liquids and Gases: Draw lines to sort each of these materials into the correct group; recognize what different planets (Mars, Earth, Saturn) are made of
• Dissolving and Separating: carry fair tests to find out which materials dissolves in water; in cold water; and in hot water
Thanks for looking :)