A complete lesson based on the fantasy poem ‘Overheard on a Saltmarsh’ by Harold Monro. Includes a PPT presentation and comprehension tasks.Also includes guidance for two follow-up activities linked to drama and writing. Ideal for teachers exploring classic poetry. Great for guided or whole class reading sessions and literacy. A flexible resource with the potential for extension into a short unit of work. Suitable for KS2.
The 11 slide PPT contains:
• The poem with supporting visual images
• Background information about the poet and poem
• Discussion questions
• Details of follow-up activities
The resource also includes:
• A copy of the poem. Useful for pupils to read, make annotations or highlight.
• Two differentiated worksheets. Worksheet A contains a straightforward literal task and an activity requiring pupils to visualise aspects of the poem. Worksheet B is more challenging and contains tasks linked to the poet’s use of language, prediction and writing in the style of the poet.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.